What to bring for a holiday with a baby? I’ve googled for a sample packing list but some were too extensive (foldable bath tub and all! Lol) so i downsized the list and bring what’s necessary for baby.
Clothes & Accessories
- Long Pants (for night outings)
- Hats / Beanies
- Swim Diapers
- Bath Towel
- Face Towels
- Formula Milk (if you’re not breastfeeding)
- Milk Canister
- Thermos Flask
- Diapers (Nadya use up to 6 pcs a day. Multiply that by the number of days you’ll be away.)
- Milk Bottles (i brought 3 with me)
- Bottle Detergent (Put it in Travel sized bottles)
- Baby Wipes (Normal size)
- Baby Wipes (Travel Pack)
- Sleeping Mat
- Changing Pad
- Pacifier Wipes
- Head Pillow
- Bolster / Beansprout Pillow
- Shower Gel / Shampoo
- Minyak Telon
- Facial Cream
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Hair Cream
- Sunscreen safe for babies (for beach destinations)
- Baby Carrier
- Car Seat (if you’re doing a road trip)
Things to take note of:
- Always bring your own baby towels. Refrain from using hotel towels. Cos they don’t really wash it properly.
- Bring sleeping mat / swaddle for baby to sleep on. For the 1st night, Nadya slept with us on the bed. Then for the remaining nights, we requested for a baby cot. However, because Nadya flip on her tummy all the time and then she’ll start licking the surface, i don’t feel comfortable allowing her to lick the bedsheets cos i know some hotels don’t change it very often.
- When heating up water using the Thermos Flask from the hotel, always do a thorough wash 1st, then heat up some water for the 1st round, throw it away and then boil another set of fresh water for your baby’s consumption. Check the bottom of the flask. I’ve come across hotel flasks which are rusty! If it is, get housekeeping to change it for you.
All these might sound petty and honestly, if it’s just me & rusly, we really don’t bother but having a baby with you means you gotta be extra careful. Especially cos Nadya is still young and her immune system is still not as strong yet. The last thing you want is a sick baby on a trip.